The Tazewell County Health Department will be offering their next round of appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations starting Friday, February 12, 2021 at 10am. These appointments are for the week of March 2-6, 2021. Those individuals in Phase 1A & 1B are eligible. They include the following:
• Persons 65 years and older
• First Responders – Fire, Police, 911 workers, security personnel, school officers
• Education (Congregate Child Care, Pre-K through 12th grade) – Teachers, principals, students support, student aides, daycare workers
• Food and Agriculture – Processing, plants, veterinary health, livestock services, animal care
• Manufacturing – Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers
We are always accepting applications for firefighters and emergency medical personnel. Applications can be obtained and turned in to South Pekin Village Hall or at the main fire station Tuesday nights between 6 P.M. and 9 P.M. Applications can also be completed on our website at http://www.southpekinfire.org/volunteer/
All of us would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving even though things might be a little strange this year.
We would like to remind everyone to please be careful when preparing dinner, that Turkey especially. Be careful not to burn yourself on the oven, smoker or fryer. When frying Turkey, remember that your bird needs to be thawed and not to overfill your oil or it may overflow and could start a fire. Remember, always fry outside, not in a garage, and on a level concrete or gravel surface.